- Assume that you are the vice president for clinical services at a 250-bed community hospital in the Midwest. You are looking for ways to better meet your patients’ needs and to generate new income for your facility. How might you utilize complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) services to help your patients and your hospital? Provide at least two specific examples.
- Describe the similarities and differences that exist between inpatient healthcare facilities and outpatient healthcare facilities. Give three examples of inpatient facilities and three examples of outpatient facilities. Be sure to include information about the services each facility named provides.
- Discuss key sources for gathering data in healthcare administration today.
- Explain how innovations in pharmaceutical treatments, improved noninvasive procedures, and the enhancements in emergency medication have affected how often people utilize healthcare services
5. You are the administrator of a 250-bed hospital in the Midwest. A recent report from your county tells you that the population within a 25-mile radius of your facility is getting younger. The median age has decreased from 35 years of age to 29 years of age, which is related to the opening of a new college campus. How will this transition to a younger patient population affect your facility? Are there services in your facility that may need to be expanded? Are there services in your facility that many need to be reduced or eliminated? How might these changes impact staffing for your facility?