Professional Development Exercises :
- Describe why there is such a struggle when addressing end-of-life issues
- What are the differences between allowing a patient to die and physician-assisted suicide?
- Discuss the controversy that can occur when considering a patient’s right to know whether a caregiver has AIDS and the caregiver’s right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Describe the distinctions among wrongful birth, wrongful life, and wrongful conception. Discuss the moral dilemmas of these concepts
- Discuss the arguments for and against partial birth abortions
- Discuss why there is controversy over genetic markers and stem cell research