Summarize three scholarly articles about learning organizations and use the information in the articles to describe different aspects of learning organizations.
Like people, healthy organizations “learn.” An organization becomes a “learning organization” when it develops processes, systems, and human resources that are capable of sharing knowledge, continuously innovating, and benefiting from mistakes and failures as well as successes.
This process leads to a corporate mindset of continuous improvement – always striving for perfection along the way, understanding that perfection is a state which will never be fully achieved.
To prepare for this assessment, use the Capella library to search for articles using the exact term “learning organizations.” Select at least three scholarly articles to use in this assessment.
For this assessment, complete the following:
- Briefly summarize each of the three articles you selected and explain why you selected each article.
- Use the information presented in the articles to address the following:
- Explain what a “learning organization” is.
- Describe at least three ways that an organization might “learn.”
- Describe the benefits of an organization being a learning organization.
- Describe any disadvantages to an organization being a learning organization.
Format this assessment as a research paper following APA 6th edition guidelines for both style and citing sources, making sure you also use correct grammar and mechanics. There is no required minimum or maximum page length; however, you should strive to be as detailed as possible in addressing each part and bullet point, while also being as clear and concise as possible.