For this assignment you will create an executive summary of a report that would be shared with executive management
For this assignment you will create an executive summary of a report that would be shared with executive management. As we have learned in our readings, the executive summary presents the most important information about a report. It is often the only thing that will get read, so you want to make your executive summary compelling and highlight all the major points.
To begin this assignment, first choose one of the following reports to focus on and begin to note important facts that should be included in your executive summary.
- American Hospital Association. (2015, June.) Teaching hospitals: Preparing tomorrow\’s physicians today (Enlaces a un sitio externo.)TrendWatch.
- American Hospital Association. (2014, June.) Increasing consumer choice in coverage and care: Implications for hospitals (Enlaces a un sitio externo.). TrendWatch.
Your executive summary should include the following elements:
- An accurately APA formatted title page with your name and all APA required elements.
- An introductory paragraph that immediately identifies the main idea of the report.
- Three to five supporting paragraphs that includes additional important details from the report.
- A concluding paragraph where you offer the executive management team your opinion as to whether the report was compelling in its recommendations or information.
You may also wish to use one or more of the following recommended resources to ensure success in writing your essay.
- Citing Resources: Avoiding Plagiarism Tutorial (Enlaces a un sitio externo.)
- Purdue Online Writing Lab. Purdue OWL (Enlaces a un sitio externo.)