In this unit, you were introduced to various leadership strategies for communicating organizational vision, goal setting, and decision-making. Effective leaders are known for seeking ways to better connect with followers in order to enhance team performances, promote organizational effectiveness, and seek clarity on what has been working well while determining what may need to change.
Using your current employer or a company that interests you, respond to the following questions/topics.
- Briefly describe your company, including its vision. How does leadership support the vision?
- Identify potential problems or issues (current or future) that your company might experience if teams do not respectfully follow the requests of leadership when making crucial organizational decisions.
- Explain how followers can play a vital role in decision-making and goal setting if they are highly engaged in organizational processes and collaborate effectively in meetings.
- Analyze how different delivery styles of communication from leaders can positively or negatively affect the behavior and performances of followers.
- What might this company do in the future to improve leadership practices and performance measures for all workers? Include your rationale.
Your APA-formatted response must be a minimum of two pages in length (not including the title page and the references page) and must include an introduction, a thesis statement (concise summary of the main point of the paper), and a clear discussion of the questions/topics above.
Your response must include a minimum of two credible references, one of which must be from the CSU Online Library. You may use an article from your required reading. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.
For step-by-step instructions for formatting a paper in APA style, please refer to page 17 of the CSU Citation Guide