Companies doing business internationally deal with complex sourcing and supply chain issues. Unfortunately, many multinational corporations have failed to include CSR practices in their global operations. Due to a number of international human rights disasters resulting from lack of supply chain auditing, corporations are rapidly becoming more transparent and are adopting globally accepted codes of conduct.
Read the case of Apple and Foxconn (pg. 273) in the textbook. In a well-written paper, respond to the following issues:
- Explain why a firm is responsible for its supply chain. If the answer is that a firm is not responsible, discuss an organization that exemplifies this. If the answer is that the firm is responsible, then how far down the supply chain does this extent (i.e., to immediate suppliers, the suppliers’ suppliers, or beyond)? Support all claims or assertions with scholarly research according to the
- Why does Apple continue to source its production to overseas firms such as Foxconn? What advantages, if any, does this generate for Apple? What are the disadvantages, if any, that result from this relationship? How could Apple have avoided the threats identified? Overall, do the benefits of Apple’s decision outweigh the costs? Support your opinions with scholarly research according to the
Your well-written paper must adhere to the following parameters:
- Be 4-5 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages.
- Be supported by six, with at least four scholarly references. Remember, you must support your thinking/opinions and prior knowledge with references; all facts must be supported; in-text references used throughout the assignment must be included in an APA-formatted reference list.
- Review the grading rubric within this assignment for more detail on how this assignment will be graded.